Alvin's Bike ( Part 2 )
October 21st, 2012
- ( Continued from 'Alvin's Bike' )
- Dear Friends,
The memorial service for Mr. Lavee will be this Saturday afternoon at the Church of Redondo Hills. Most of you already know he left this world for a better one, on Janurary 28th, doing what he loved, biking and spending time near the ocean.
As well, most of you have been contacted individually, but some may be hearing of my father's passing for the first time, as we didn't have time to contact each and every contact in his address book.
We miss him deeply, but treasure the joys he brought to us all. We hope to see you this Saturday. My sister and i will both be in attendance, as well as my Aunt Danielle, and her family. My father would want us to live our lives in the present, and not dwell in the past. The theme Saturday will be 'Tommorrow'.
As well, we are scheduling a 10K biking fundraiser for the Spring. More details will be announced at a future date. Thanks for being a part of Dad's life, With love and hope in this time of loss,
Aaron Lavee ( Alvin's son )
- ( A few days later, i get this voicemail left on the "other" phone number )
- ( Sunday afternoon )
- Good afternoon, Jeff. I am Aaron Lavee. I just listened to your message again. It has been a long weekend. My fathers service went well. Interesting to hear that you tried to meet him that day about the purchasing of one of his bikes. i'd assume it was the two seater since he had it loaded up nice and even polished it (with his own homemade polish recipe, long story).
- He was an interesting man. It was a surprise to see him go, tragic but doing what he loved. If i can offer any more information to you, please let me know. What did you think of my father? I couldn't tell if you had actually met him or not from your message.
- Hi Mr. Lavee- Thanks for returning my message. Again, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Yes, I was meeting him at Captain Kidd's near RB pier to purchase the tandem. We had texted back and forth for over two weeks. He was very particular and wanted the bike to have the "proper" new owner. He didn't sell it to another buyer because he felt he and his wife were rude!
- Anyway, I guess I earned his respect and regret not getting the chance to meet him in person that day. Again, my condolences to you and your family. -Jeff A**********
- Thanks you for the reply. Ha, that is my dad, always eager to find the best owner or friend, and not just 'any' owner or friend. Well he must have liked you because he had the bike all ready with new tires and all, and photos from its original purchase days. Along with a new front basket, with a few gifts and fruits in it, if i remember exactly.
- He suffered a stroke in the parking lot near Captain Kidd's it appears, and never regained consciousness. He'd been drinking at a local bar he and his biking buddies enjoyed, On the Rocks. Well, im glad you got to communicate with such a go getter. thank you for everything.
- Wow. We should all be so lucky to end our days after a bike ride and beers with buddies! While terribly sad for you, this whole thing has been an incredible story for us.
- We would still love to buy the bike but I completely understand if you'd rather keep it. Please give it some thought and let us know in time. Until then, best of luck... -Jeff
- ( This dude is straight lurkin on a dead mans double bike harrddd. )
- ( i dont respond )
- ( About a year later.. )
- Hi Aaron-
it has been over a year since your fathers passing. I hope time has brought you some peace. If you remember, I was the one meeting him to buy his tandem bike that day. My family and I would still love to buy it if it is still available. Either way, I hope this message finds you well.
Respectfully, Jeff Atkinson
- ( thats a nice text of him to send, so im gonna reach back out to him. )
- Hi Jeff, Hope things are good in your life. Give me a call if you are still interested in the bike. Would love to hear what you've been up to.
- ( he calls and leaves this VM )
- ( i dont respond )
- Hi Aaron- great to hear from you! Yes, I'd love to buy the bike. I called and left a message but my phone has been dodgy lately. Give me a call anytime.
- ( DAMN... This dude wants DAT BIKE. You know what they say..
You can take the life out of a bike owner... but you can't take the desire to buy that dude's bike outta other mofo's.)
- The Latest
- Los Angeles
- Text Fights
- Guess Who
- Buster Bear
- Fan Fights
- Craigslist CTs
- Dirty South
- Your Submits
- Easter Gun Slinger - Indiana (April 4th)
- Forgetful Dad (Crank Request)
- Silly Hat
- This Chick Peed in my Car
- "I'm just some Jewish kid playing Xbox"